The “Methodist Episcopal Church in Hamilton Village” was incorporated by a group of settlers. They worshipped in a small chapel on a farm outside of the village
A parcel of land was purchased on the corner of Charles Street and Cow Lane (now John Street) and the First M.E. Church was built.
Unhappy with that location, the church was backed up John Street to a newly purchased lot at the corner of John and Broad Streets.
The church was enlarged and refurbished and the Trinity M. E. Church opened it doors to an ever-growing community.
The name Park M.E. Church was adopted 1929 when the church merged with the Congregational Church across the park, the site of the present post office.
The present house of worship was built in 1939-1940 and officially named Park Methodist Church.
Two to One
The union of the Evangelical United Brethren Church and the Methodist Church took place and the church become known as Park United Methodist Church.
Park United Methodist Church celebrated its 200th year as a faith community in the village of Hamilton.